Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Where do I begin?

Wow ... so much has happened since my last post, I don't even know where to begin to catch up. I suppose I'll start with Luke's actual birthday. We had a wonderful day

we took Brooklyn for a walk (one of Luke's favorite activities),


we went out to lunch with my mom,


we went to Los Gatos to pick up cupcakes and choose a balloon for Luke at the local florist shop (and Mom bought me a beautiful bouquet of dahlias),


we presented Luke with his gift from Michael and I - a toddler-sized outdoor play escape,


and we enjoyed a low-key dinner at home followed by cupcakes and a MUCH needed bath!


I think, all in all, it was a fabulous Luke-centered day! I was definitely more emotional about him turning one than I had anticipated, but it was certainly bitter-sweet ... my tiny baby is gone, but in his place I have an absolutely wonderful, hilarious, happy, sweet, fun-loving little boy. Who could ask for more?

No comments: