Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Rainy days

We've had our first two real rainy days of the season yesterday and today. I actually detest the rain, but don't mind the first few days of it. Luke, on the other hand, seems to LOVE the rain ... although, I presume that this too will come to an end once he figures that it means not going outside, for a walk, to the park, etc.

Yesterday Luke went to school in the morning (thank goodness!), but was a ball of energy by evening time with no time outside. What to do? Well ... we put all of the pillows from the couches on the floor of the family room and let him bounce around like a lunatic. THEN, he suited up in his rainboots and raincoat and went out and ran around in the rain. I failed to take pictures of either of these adventures, but hopefully they will happen again since they were photo-worthy.

Today, I decided that I needed a better plan. With no school, I knew I would pay the price of not having anything good planned. So, Luke and I ventured out to one of his favorite places EVER - the SJ Children's Discovery Museum. Seriously, this place is such a gem in our community. We are so lucky to have it nearby. There is just so much for a 2 year old to do. We could have stayed all day!









No comments: