Sunday, October 18, 2009

Pumpkin Patch 2009

We made our family trip to the pumpkin patch today and had a really nice time. Luke is very excited about Halloween this year, and so was especially enthusiastic to go to pick pumpkins today. In fact, he wanted me to take a picture of him before we even left the house!
I think that I mentioned in last year's pumpkin patch post how I was on a quest to find a small pumpkin patch without all the hype that often seems to come along with Halloween these days ... and how we had such a great time at Alden Lane Nursery in Livermore. It is very small, has that family feeling, and features apple tastings, a local 4H group who brings in a few of their animals for the kids to pet, a small hay maze, and, of course, pumpkins!
Checking out all the pumpkins and picking the BEST ones!
The hay maze was definitely the highlight for Luke - he had so much fun running around in it
This city boy was pretty unsure about the farm animals that were there for petting - check out his expression when I suggested he pet the chicken. He was having no part of it!
The tee pees were also fun!
So proud of his big pumpkin!

No comments: