
Day #1 had some hits and some misses.
The day started off well, although paranoid Mommy must have asked him about 4 million times if he needed to use the potty (I'm not looking forward to scrubbing carpets), to which he replied each and every time, "No."
Then, as I am switching laundry, I hear him fumbling in the bathroom - he already had his seat on the potty. He promptly tells me that he needs to go pee pee, and we have our first success (and of course, I'm thinking that this potty thing is going to be NO problem!).
Then, during lunch, we forget to tell Mommy that we need to go and have an accident in our chair (better than on the carpet as far as I'm concerned). Several pee pees in the potty later and we're back in the high chair for a snack and the same thing happens (although, this time the chair has no pad to clean because it's already in the washer - nice).
After dinner and some encouragement he decides to try for a #2 in the potty and is successful!
So, what I've learned so far is that:
1) this probably won't be as easy as I would like
2) I will eventually have to scrub the carpet
3) we need a jumbo pack of training pants, not just three
4) girls HAVE to be easier to train because at least they can't direct their pee just any which-way like it's a fire hose, and
5) the whole potty training thing is definitely more work for the parent than it is for the child.
We'll keep you posted!
No comments:
Post a Comment