I'm not really sure what happened, - maybe it was just maturity and the abilty to recognize the feeling that comes along with having to "go"- but I started to notice Luke just heading to the bathroom on his own more regularly. It was then that I suggested that if he could go a full week without an accident that we would celebrate with a "Potty Party." He was super excited and decided that all he really wanted for his party were chocolate cupcakes with sprinkles and a candle to blow out.
SO, after a full week without any accidents, we celebrated the (little) man of the hour!


Yay! Not sure who is more excited about this achievement, Luke or Mommy & Daddy (umm ... probably the latter!). Luke is still wearing a diaper or pull-up at night and nap, but he seems to wake up dry now as well. I suppose I'll have to get really brave one of these days and let him go to bed in underwear - YIKES, still sort of a scary thought, so for now we'll just enjoy this HUGE accomplishment!

No comments:
Post a Comment