Friday, February 5, 2010

Our 1-month old

I can hardly believe that Mia is already a month old. In some ways this makes me really sad. As much as I want to see her grow and develop into her own little person, sleep a little longer at night, and not have to feed her quite so frequently - there is also something so incredibly special about holding a tiny newborn in your arms, and I know that this is just the start of her growing up.


She had her 1-month check up this week and Dr. Dugoni thought she looked just perfect! Her stats were:
Weight: 8lbs, 13 oz (with a wet diaper on!)
Length: 20.5 inches


So, she's still pretty little, yet has grown so much in the past month. She is still wearing her newborn clothes (some of which are still too big for her), and is just finishing off her last pack of NB diapers before she moves into size 1. She still spits up after nearly every feeding (and sometimes half-way through also), but the Dr. said that her weight gain is on track so that we don't need to worry about it at this point.


This may sound crazy, but she has already rolled over! Yep - one night last week after feeding her in the middle of the night she seemed very awake, so I layed her on the bed next to me for a little "tummy time." You can imagine my surprise when she flipped over onto her back. I woke Michael up right away because I could hardly believe my own eyes - thinking maybe my sleep-deprived self was imagining things. It hasn't happened again since, but I now know that it could happen again at any time, so am super careful about where I lay her!


Mia has also brightened our days with a few first (intentional) smiles and coos this week - nothing is better!


As for sleep (which, for some reason, is what everyone tends to ask about), we are still getting 4 hour stretches at night on average. This means that I only have to get up once, usually between 3 and 4 am. She also takes at least one really good 3-4 hour nap in the afternoon.


All in all, she's a delightful baby - such a doll. Here are a few pictures of our little 1-month old:

No comments: