Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Mandala Holiday Party

Luke's school hosted a holiday party last night. His class performed several songs, the older preschool class performed, a ventriliquist entertained the kids, and then Santa Claus arrived. It was a really nice program and Michael and I are constantly amazed at how many fun activities they put together for the kids.
Unfortunately, the new tape that I bought for the video camera malfunctioned, so I missed nearly all of Luke's class performance (maybe this was fortunate since I had the camera all packed and ready to go with this new tape in the hospital bag!). The good news ... we didn't miss much. Luke, although he knew all of the words to the songs and the hand movements (he's performed them many times for us at home), sat on the stage and looked as though he had never before heard any of the songs they were singing. Oh well ... there's always next year :)!

Luke and Michael went to the back of the room for the other performances since Luke was in NO mood to sit down and watch! Although, once the ventriliquist took the stage, he was quite entertained and was laughing so loud we could hear him from our seats (too cute!).


Santa Claus was definitely the highlight of the evening. I was concerned that, although we've been reading and talking about Santa coming to visit on Christmas, Luke might not want to get too close to him. However, he proved me wrong. He looked a bit hesitant, but did not hesitate at all to tell Santa what he wanted for Christmas.
Patiently waiting for his turn with Santa:
What does Luke want for Christmas this year? Well, just ask and he'll tell you ...

"A pink lollipop. And a blue one too."

No comments: