What I love about Luke at 19 months:
1) I love how you are learning how to be Mr. Manners, and saying "peez" and "dan, du" (thank you) ... and how you always still use the sign for please in addition to the word.
2) I love that when I go to get you at daycare, or in any setting with other kids, you are always the "sharer" of the group. Now, I know this won't always be so, which is why I am loving it so much now. When other kids are hitting, screaming, or wrestling over something, you are happy to just give it up and find something else to play with.
3) I love that you haven't had an ear infection this month! (knock on wood)
4) I love how much you love to be sung to. It is the sweetest thing. Before bed we always rock, but if we rock and I sing, you will sit and listen and listen.
5) I love how you are growing up, even if it means more disaster prevention for Daddy and I (i.e. the new lock on the front door)
6) I love that your vocabulary expands every day, and you often repeat things that we say. This month you learned some important names, "Lie" (Linus), "Brook" (Brooklyn), and "MelMo" (Elmo). You often will nonchalantly walk past the sliding glass door and say, "Hi Brook, Hi Lie."
7) I love that you love buses, trucks, cars, planes, and (of course) trains. A "transportation sighting" can stop you right in your tracks as you look, point, shout, and wave bye bye to it.
8) You crack me up when you say "whoa" or "uh oh" or "oooh" ... those words are just too cute coming from you.
9) I love that you absolutely love our story time before bed. Almost like you know how special it is to me. When we walk into your room for bed, you make sure to remind me that you would like a "boo" and then you pick out your favorites (and I always throw a new one in the mix to keep things interesting).
10) I love that you are coming out of your shell at music and gym class, running around, dancing, singing, but always looking back just to make sure that Mommy is still there ... and of course, I am!
No comments:
Post a Comment