Friday, January 16, 2009

It's that time again...

What I love about Luke at 18 months

There is so very much to love, this month and always. Each month I think that it can't possibly get any better and I wish that he would stop growing, and with each passing month I am amazed at how much fun (in new and different ways) Luke is. So, without further ado ...

1) I love how well you are able to communicate with us now. You certainly know what you want and don't want, and you are so able to tell us. And then, when there are those times when we just aren't getting it, I can see the frustration on your face and in your tears and I know that it won't be long before you are able to communicate that thought to us as well.

2) I love how you dance ALL THE TIME. The best was New Year's Eve in Grammy & Poppy's bathroom in Tahoe. You insisted upon dancing THERE and there only ... and boy did you boogie down!

3) I love that you have been such a trooper through all of the ear infection drama that you have had to deal with in the past 2.5 months. Daddy and I hate that you don't feel well, but you've been so easy on us - you've dealt with it all so bravely.

4) I love how you were so, so happy with each and every one of your Christmas presents. You would have been happy with just that first gift.

5) I love how when we go to the park, you make your way to the very top of the big play structure so that you can go down the big, steep, winding slide. As you climb you say "slie, slie" and then when you finally turn around and come down on your belly, you laugh and squeal. There are often bigger kids around who are scared to go down that big slide, and they just stand by and watch you, the baby of the playground, take it on without any fear.

6) I love how you love to lay in my arms in your dark room and look at the stars from your twilight turtle. You tell me what they are, "sta, sta" and always make sure that we point out the moon.

7) I love how when we get ready to go anywhere together, you run to my closet and remind me to put on my "shoesh, shoesh, shoesh," as if I might forget if you weren't there to help me (although you usually pull out one of Daddy's pairs and hand it to me)

8) I love how you can recall several animal sounds (moo, ruff, ssss), but when I ask you what sound the kitty makes you reply "hi-kitty!"

9) I love how you think so hard about some things that I can almost SEE your brain working. The other day when I went in to get you out of bed after your nap, you wanted to tell me all about something super important. You grabbed your monkey that you keep in your crib and held him while jumping up and down. Then, after you fell down in the crib, you patted your head and shook your finger at me. I totally got it - you were reenacting the story that we read when the monkey jumps on the bed and then falls off and bumps his head ... "mama calls the Dr. and the Dr. said, 'No more monkeys jumping on the bed!' (while shaking his finger).

10) I love that I love you so much every month that I don't want you to grow bigger ... and then when you do, I love you even more. Crazy!!!

No comments: