Sunday, September 7, 2008

It's been a rough week

I've been sick :( . Mommy and Daddy attributed my bowel issues to teething, but when I started to run a fever of 102 for several days with a runny nose and just general aches (which equal lots of whining and crying in a kid my age), they decided to take me to the Dr. As it turns out, not only am I getting three of my molars, but I also had the flu.


I'm not sure if this whole ordeal was more difficult for me (the one going though it all), my mommy (who is hating the fact that she has to go to work when I'm sick - and is wondering why she even agreed to do this work thing at all), or my Grammy (who I kept up in the middle of the night when she was watching me). I guess it hasn't been too much fun for anyone.


The good news is that I'm finally starting to feel better. After an awful day on Thursday with Grammy (while my Mommy was gone for over 12 hours thanks to "Back to School Night"), a pretty bad day on Friday with my friend Maria, and a very grumpy day on Saturday with Mom and Dad (including a visit to the Dr.) - today, Sunday, I was in much better spirits. I'm still not 100%, but Mom and Dad have me on a special diet while I get rid of this flu bug. All of my teeth are now through the gumline, so I'm feeling better on that front. And I'm basically just dealing with a bad runny nose and cough. I should be better in no time.


Mom and Dad were so happy that I was feeling better today that we spent a really fun afternoon outside playing. Here are a few pictures from our day.


Brooklyn and I hanging out:

Having fun with my new pool (thanks Grammy & Poppy) - I loved drinking from and playing in the sprinkler function!

Driving my awesome car (if you live in the area, you can catch me cruisin' the neighborhood after Mom gets off work - I'll honk and wave to you):


Climbing (of course!):

All of the "kids" getting in on the sand table action:


Linus fully enjoying the afternoon:


And, finally, me enjoying a fabulous cocktail of Pedialyte that the Dr. recommended I have:


What a day!

No comments: