Mia visited Dr. Weatherholt today for her first dentist appointment. We set it up to be a visit where she could just get comfortable being there and sitting in the chair - Dr. Weatherholt would meet her, count her teeth, and give her a prize. We had also decided that if she did well that they would just go ahead and do her first cleaning.
Well, she did great! Thanks to Luke for talking it up (when I told him that I was taking her to the dentist after I dropped him at school he said, "Awww, when do I get to go see Dr. Weatherholt? I want to go!" Umm, O-kay - huh?), Mia was excited to go and happily sat to have her teeth counted and cleaned.
As of today, she has 16 teeth. Yes, that means that 4 are "missing" - those 2 year molars are not yet in. Maybe sometime before she turns 3? Dr. Weatherholt did not see anything just under the gum line, so we may have some more time before they make their appearance.
Everything looks very healthy and I was so proud (but not really surprised given her personality) how well she did.


No comments:
Post a Comment