I have been wanting to take the kids up to Apple Hill for a couple of years now. The fall and winter always seem to get so busy, so when we were planning out our fall weekends over the summer, I made sure to put Apple Hill on one weekend day in September.
Our first stop was Rainbow Orchards for their famous apple cider donuts. They are made to order and come out hot and delicious. I think that they got the stamp of approval from everyone!
Aidan, Bailey, and Jessica also joined us for the day. The kids had a great time running around the grass area and hay bales.
Mia was a fan of the fresh apple cider. I'm not sure what she liked better: the cider, or drinking from the mini carton.
We stopped at Larson's Apple Barn for lunch on their back patio.
Our final stop for the day was at Denver Dan's Apple Patch, where we were able to pick our own apples.
There were also pony rides!
All in all, we had a great day. There is so much more to explore in Apple Hill and I'd love to go back again next year. One thing we decided for sure: it was too far for a day trip, and next time we will go for a weekend and stay overnight.
No comments:
Post a Comment