Monday, August 15, 2011

Potty Training (again)?

Over the weekend we took the little potty out just in case our little house guest decided that she would like to use it :). On Sunday evening, after our guests had traveled home, I took the kids up to the bathroom for our regular routine (potty, tubs, stories, etc.). Luke will often sit on the big potty if he has not "gone" yet that day, which was the case on this particular day. Since Mia is very much into doing anything and everything that Luke does, she followed suit and sat down on the little potty across from him. I didn't think much of it until....

... she went!


And I'm not just talking about a tinkle either!

I could NOT believe it ... I mean, we haven't talked about it, I figured she was too young, and she hasn't really even explored the little potty or anything. She just sat right down and went about her business.

Needless to say, we are leaving the little potty out. I have no inclination to potty train her right now - honestly, I feel like we just finally finished potty training Luke and I was hoping for more of a "break." Just goes to show me (yet again) that in this particular area I have absolutely NO control ... and we'll just have to follow Mia's lead on this one.

No comments: