So, the other morning I hear her over the monitor so I know she's awake. She sounds sort of happy, so I doze for a few more minutes. Shortly I hear a thud followed by yelling - not crying, but full out yelling, like she is angry. I jump out of bed and only make it halfway down the hallway before I know that there is a little person just on the other side of that door. I open the door to find an upset Mia - not because she has just fallen from her crib and bumped her head, but because she has made it that far and now can't reach the door handle. I mean, really ... what 13 month old (a small one at that!) can seriously climb out of their crib? Apparently ours!
So, the solution: a crib tent.

In hindsight we knew that we should have got one of these when Luke started climbing out of the crib instead of putting ourselves through the misery of trying to teach a not-even-2-year-old to stay in his toddler bed. I knew right away that we needed one for Mia. I ordered it and paid express shipping (only to later find out that I could have dashed down to Buy Buy Baby and picked one up - Babies R Us for some reason doesn't carry them and I didn't even think to try BBB). Mia actually seems to like it - it's cozy in there. And now that she can't reach out of her crib, I've been able to move the lamp back where it used to be, the wall hangings and video monitor are all now safely out of reach. Maybe we'll keep her in there till she's 9 or so :)!
No comments:
Post a Comment