Thursday, February 10, 2011

February firsts

We've had an eventful month so far. Just wanted to make sure that I document these few things before I forget ... no pictures today, although I do have some videos and swim lesson photos to upload so hopefully I'll get those up this weekend.

1 - Luke knows all of his letter sounds and is spelling words! HUH!? I honestly cannot credit us with this. I don't know where it came from, but he now goes around the house naming objects and telling me what letters are in their name. Today, with a bit of my help sounding it out, he spelled the name "Piglet." I'm amazed. Is this normal? Love him, my brilliant little boy :)

2 - Mia is upright and getting around! It's funny, people ask, "is she walking yet?" as if just one day she will crawl and the next be walking. Thinking back, I remember it being a very slow progression over about a month for Luke. And I'm seeing the same with Mia. She's been taking steps here and there for several weeks now. Then, last week we were up to about 4 steps in a row. This week she's doing more like 6 at a time. I also see her attempting to walk first (before crawling) more often - nearly everytime she wants to get somewhere. I did take some short clips of her last night, so I'll post those. I'd say full-fledged walking is just around the corner!

More to come ...

No comments: