Thursday, June 3, 2010

Where does the time go?

Luke had his promotion ceremony today at Mandala. In the fall he will be moving up from their Early Preschool class to the regular Preschool classroom for kids who are 3 years old. As we got ready to go this morning and I asked Luke to stand in front of the house for a picture, just as I had had him do on the first day of school, it struck me how quickly the time passed and how much he had grown/changed/learned since September. I suppose it scared me a little to have a school year seem to just fly by (as a teacher, I am always counting down until the last day of school!). I found myself wishing the time to slow just a little...

This was Luke throughout the entire singing performance that his class gave:
Between this and the Christmas performance, I think we'll just hope for some participation later ... maybe next year?
Luke crossing the bridge to get the certificate from his small group teacher, Miss Denise:
Much happier to be sitting with us!

As we watched the rest of the ceremony, Mia spotted Luke's crown. I love this sequence - from the look on her face when she first sees it to the dive for it (and Luke was such a great sport about letting her just go for it!)
If you asked Luke at any point since he started at Mandala about school, the first thing (person) he'll mention is Jadyn (and his face will light up when he talks about her). He just adores his best friend.
Luke with two of his four teachers - Miss Denise and (his favorite) Miss Tiffany:
Luke, you have grown and learned so much this year. You have adapted incredibly well to school and all the changes at home. We are so proud of you. You (and we) have been so happy with Mandala this year and we're so glad that you have a place to go - your very own special place - where people love you, welcome you, and make you feel so special ... and that you love going to. Congratulations on completing your first (of so many) years of school!

No comments: