Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Conversations with Luke

Okay, he seriously is at that age where he cracks us up all the time. Here are just a few examples:



In bed one night last week, I walk in to kiss him goodnight and tuck him in

Luke: Mommy, wanna lay with me?

Me: Of course I do, but only for a few minutes. Mommy is hungry and I need to go downstairs and have dinner with Daddy.

Luke: Want a hot dog?

Me: A hot dog?

Luke: Ya, a hot dog. I have a bunch in my hot dog stand.

Me: You have a hot dog stand? (I'm thinking that maybe I'm mis-hearing him because the kid has never even had a hot dog in all his life, and I have no idea how he would know that they are sold out of stands)

Luke: In my bed. A hot dog stand in my bed. You want one? They are hot - mmm, yummy. (as he pretends to gobble one down, and reaches his hand towards me to "hand" me one)


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


At the dinner table with Mommy and Daddy he sees the bowl of broccoli and a big serving spoon, which he reaches for

Luke: Mommy, want some broccoli?

Me: Oh, yes please (we help him to serve us)

Luke: Mmm, broccoli, it's so "nummy" and good for you. Yum!

Daddy: Luke, do you want some?

Luke: Nope! ... Daddy, you want some broccoli?

Daddy: Yes, please

Luke: Mmm, broccoli is so nummy and good for you. YUMMY!

Me: Yes it is - do you want some Luke?

Luke: Nope!


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One night right before bed Luke was waiting for me to come brush his teeth. I had run to throw on my pjs (a nursing nightgown that night) before tucking him in. As I come into the bathroom

Luke: Oooh, that's a "beeautiful" dress you have on
Me: Why thank you (as I laugh to myself)

Luke: Where are you going?

Me: Oh, just to bed. These are my jammies.

Luke: I need a pretty dress for sleeping.

The next morning

Luke: Mommy! You still wearing that beeautiful dress. So pretty!!

1 comment:

Aidan and Bailey said...

I love the one about the dress/nightgown