Luke had his first appointment with the dentist today. Both our dentist and Luke's pediatrician recommended having him seen around the age of 3. When I spoke with the dentist's office, they suggested that if I thought he might have reservations (read: be "difficult"), that I should schedule an appointment ahead of his first cleaning for him to come in, sit in the chair, have the dentist count his teeth, and get a prize - just to get used to the idea in preparation for the cleaning appointment. I thought that Luke might not be a huge fan of having his teeth cleaned, so I made him a preliminary appointment.
We talked up the dentist a lot in the past week, and much to my surprise, Luke did really well. Once I convinced him to get into the chair, we were home free. He did so well, in fact, that they decided to just go ahead and do his first cleaning today. He sat there, listened, and followed directions so well. The hygienist was wonderful with him. I even thought that there were times when he might be liking this dentist visit!
Although, when we got home and Luke called Daddy at work to tell him about his trip to the dentist he said, "Daddy, I went to the dentist. It was not fun." Oh well!
With his prizes after the visit (a yellow car and a balloon)
CHEESE! Clean teeth!!!
Luke has all 20 of his baby teeth now - with the top right 2-year molar being the last to come in and still making its way down (but already through the gum line). Dr. Weatherholt started him on a daily oral fluoride tablet. All of his teeth are healthy and look great!!!






No comments:
Post a Comment