If you wonder what I mean by that, here we are at my first birthday party (I'm center in white, Rachael is on the far left at only 7 weeks old!):

So, we got together with our kids to have lunch and catch up. Yes, our kids. Miss Chloe Lynn arrived on February 20th, just about 6 weeks after Mia.
Rachael and I grew up together - I spent the night at her house the night my brother was born, she joined my family on summer vacations to Lake Tahoe, and her Grammie took us on a wild train adventure through the redwoods of northern California in elementary school. She was just always part of my childhood... and now part of my adulthood also - she visited me in NYC and we attended each other's weddings and baby showers. I love that we still get together, after all these years and all of the different paths that we've followed in life. There's just something about a friend who has known you for SO long.

Lake Tahoe in the mid-80s - matching shirts and *cool* pocket shorts I have on!
I love that our girls are close in age, and that just maybe someday Mia will say the same things about Chloe that I can say about Rachael. Wouldn't that be fun?!


Oh, and by the way, I can assure you that our drinks of choice during our most recent lunch together were most definitely not Capri Suns (see top photo)!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment