
When I first found out I was pregnant with Mia, I thought a lot about how I might possibly love her as much as I do Luke. I also worried for Luke about how he would fare once he didn't have all of our attention. I had even found a poem that I blogged about (see "Loving Two") that described my feelings at that time.
As Mia begins to grow and become her own little person, I watch in awe as Luke takes on this new role of big brother. I honestly could have never imagined that he would actually like her, much less LOVE her, in these early days when she requires so much of my attention ... yet, he does. He shows concern for her, compassion, love, and a protectiveness that makes my heart swell. He told Mia today that she is "just so pretty."
Luke, your love for your sister makes me love you even more (if that is humanly possible). I feel so blessed to watch the two of you develop your relationship. I know that there will be so many challenging times as siblings (some of which Daddy and I will have to referee), but I am completely enjoying this time as you get to know one another and develop a bond that you will share forever.








1 comment:
Those pictures are soooo sweet!
Post a Comment