Monday, July 27, 2009

Tons to love at 2 years old

There is so, so much to love about Luke right now. This might be my favorite age so far...

1) I love that you tell us that you love us! Daddy and I talked about looking forward to the time when you could verbalize this several months ago, and it's finally here. It is the absolute best and you are too cute when you tell us about all the people who you love. It was worth the wait!

2) I love your ability to remember things. You will recall something we did hours, days, or weeks ago and chatter about it to me.

3) I love your sense of humor. You absolutely know what is funny and you make us laugh all the time. Oh, and your deep, down laugh from your belly. This is how we know something is REALLY funny!

4) I love your smirk. You put this on when you are having fun but you don't want to let on that you actually love what you're doing. I see this a lot at swimming class ... mostly when the instructor looks at you. You immediately stop laughing and smiling and put on your smirk.

5) I love your FULL sentences. Gone are the days of a word here and there. You are speaking in 4+ word sentences all the time. Sometimes the small words (and, the, a) get lost, but the rest is all there.

6) I love that you are able to communicate with us. You understand us and we understand you, probably 95% of the time. I have noticed how much you love this also. You are much less frustrated now that we know what you are saying.

7) I love your imagination. You are such a good parent to your stuffed animals. Yesterday, Monkey had to have his diaper changed :).

8) I love that you love certain things: trains, Elmo, Yo Gabba Gabba, books, balls, monkey, the park, taking Brooklyn for walks, swimming, climbing, guitars and pianos ... you are such a well-rounded little boy!

9) I love your dancing. You are still at it! Whenever you hear the music, you are getting down like you're in the middle of a dance floor. You could care less who is watching or where we are!

10) I love to hear all the things you know. You can count to 20 by yourself (almost ... sometimes fourteen happens several times!), you chime in on singing ABCs, you can sing Twinkle Twinkle by yourself, you know colors, and you have hand motions to half a dozen songs. Simply amazing ....

Most of all, I love YOU for everything YOU are!

No comments: