Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Big Birthday Party!


Okay, well, compared to last year, it was quite small, but no less fun!


Luke had his 2nd birthday party at the local park that we visit just about every day on our walk. Given his love of trains (however, if I had known how much he would become obsessed with fire trucks, I may have opted for that route), the party had a train theme.


We invited primarily our friends with kids, and everyone had a great time. The weather was nice, and we all picnicked outside in the shade. We had Togo's sandwiches, fruit salad, chips, and potato salad. The kids had PB&J, string cheese, and Go-gurts. And, of course, cake and ice cream! The kids ran around, played on the playground, kicked balls, played with pinwheels, blew bubbles, fed the ducks, and had fun with the pinata. All in all, a great time.


After we got home, Luke had a quick shower because he was filthy. I quickly put his diaper on after the shower, and before I could even get him dressed he was gone. I went looking for him and found him, in just his diaper, in bed. He said, "Mommy, night night." It was the first time he has ever suggested that he should sleep - I guess he was tired. He ended up napping for 4 hours!









No comments: