Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Costume

Luke announced quite some time ahead of Halloween that there was no other option than for him to dress up as a robot this year (obviously ... because everything is about robots this year!).  I did a fair amount of online searching and came up empty handed.  There was simply nothing that could just be purchased.  So, I looked at Michael and informed him that he would have to make Luke's costume.  To his credit, he sounded sort of excited to take on the challenge.  You can imagine my concern when 4 days before Luke is supposed to be wearing his costume to an event, Michael is away travelling for business and I have nothing (NOTHING) for Luke to wear.

Needless to say, Michael returned home and didn't get much of a rest.  He drew up a plan, I went shopping for supplies, and he constructed Luke's costume in one night (granted, it was a very late night!).

 
I have to admit that I was nervous as to whether or not it would be pulled off, but I had nothing to worry about.  Daddy delivered on the costume front.  Luke-bot was a happy guy!


No comments: