We signed Luke up for Vacation Bible Camp this year with the intention of getting him aquainted with some of his future Kindergarten classmates. Somewhere along the line, I ended up being persuaded to teach/lead a group of my own. So, all three of us (Luke with the Kindergarten class, me with the 1st graders, and Mia in the nursery) spent the week at VBC.
It was a very well organized and run program. Luke had tons of fun, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that I was more of a group leader than "teacher" ... and that I had two lovely teenage girls to help me with the kids all week! The nursery ended up being a wonderful experience for Mia as well. Since she has recently been very much a mommy's girl, we have had some trouble with me leaving to go to work or meetings at Luke's school. Although she cried on the first morning, she was thrilled when I picked her up after day 1 and announced proudly to everyone who she saw for the rest of the day, "I go to school!"
I didn't get many pictures from the week, but snuck in a few shots with my phone here and there.



No comments:
Post a Comment