Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Tahoe with Friends

My girlfriends from college - I am so incredibly lucky to have each and every one of them.  We were friends then ... but we are REALLY friends now.  For those of your who are women older than 30, you know what I mean.  A good girlfriend is hard to find.  Six good girlfriends is pretty unheard of.  Now try 6 girlfriends who ALL get along.
So, these 6 grew into 12 as husbands were added.  And now, well now our group consists of 12 adults and 12 children.  We like to make crazy attempts to get ourselves together and "have fun."  Don't get me wrong, our times together are always good times ... but 12 kids is just, well, chaos.

This year we rented 2 houses in Tahoe in order to accomodate everyone.  It worked as well as we could have hoped.  I think we would all agree that we would have preferred to all be together in one house, but that is simply no longer possible without renting a mansion.

Without further ado, here are some of the photos from our fun/chaotic/family/friends reunion in Tahoe.

Our weekend started out like this:  Snow in the beginning of October(?)

Mia quickly fell in love with Baby Gavin.  I think she might have thought he was one of her dolls

Lunch for 24 at Rubicon's....

...followed by a tour at the Northstar Firehouse


Luke and Mia quickly learned that they are ipad deprived


Park play time


Hudson & Baileys' Dragon and Princess birthday party







And, what's a good party weekend without a little topless dancing at the end?

At the end of the day, how many girls can say that they have 6 good girlfriends?  I am so blessed to be able to say just that ... and having our husbands and kids form friendships, well that's just the icing on the cake :)

No comments: