Monday, September 12, 2011

San Diego Part 1: Sea World

We took a fun-filled trip down to San Diego last weekend with Day and Paw.  One of the main things that I wanted to be sure to see while there was Sea World.  I had never been, and it had been many years since Michael was last there.  With Luke's love for dolphins, and Mia's love for all things animal, I knew we couldn't go wrong.

What I didn't know was how incredibly magical it is!  It very easily tops my list of favorite places to visit with the kids.  I think that we were all beyond impressed.  It was not at all crowded (going on a Friday after Labor Day helped, I'm sure), the weather was perfect, and the kids were completely engaged the entire time.  I am slightly disappointed with my photography skills this day, but I suppose that is because I was enjoying the moment instead of focusing on taking pictures.  Besides, there is no way that the magic and true beauty that we experienced there could be captured with a camera.

Seeing the orca whales
In the Antarctic exhibit - watching the polar bears, walruses, and beluga whales



Meeting and feeding the dolphins - such an incredible experience for Luke




 Seeing the Sea Turtles and their beautiful habitat



The Shamu Show


























Riding the Sky Tower at the end of our day
Mia with her new friend, Daisy the Dolphin.  After being presented with all of the options for different stuffed animals, Mia had absolutely no doubt which one she wanted!  Luke brought home a very cute and oh-so-soft Polar Bear who is now named "Flip Flop."



















We were at Sea World when the doors opened in the morning, and did not leave until the park was closing.  We watched every show that was performed that day - from amazingly trained rescue pets, to the Sea Lion comedy show, to the Cirque du Soleil inspired dolphin show with elaborate costumes and beautiful music, to watching the incredible Orca whales splash and jump - there was never a dull moment.  Luke said that he couldn't choose a favorite show because they were all his favorites.  I couldn't agree more....

We loved it all, from start to finish.  Sea World, we will definitely be back soon!

No comments: