Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tahoe firsts

Sometimes it seems like everything happens at once - things change overnight. I guess this is especially true in the world of parenting.
While we were in Tahoe this past weekend, Mia got her first tooth - the lower front left one. I can practically see the one right next to it through the gumline, so I'm sure that it will be in any day now also. Funny thing is, I still remember Luke's first tooth; it came through when we were in Tahoe over MLK weekend in 2008. Once Mia's tooth is really visible, I'll post another picture. Until then, rest assured that she is letting me know that she isn't all that happy about these teething pains. We've been up every several hours at night for the past 5 nights or so. Fun times!


Mia also took her first ride on a swing over the weekend. She loved it. LOVED it! She squealed and kicked her legs and smiled the entire time ... just like her brother did when he first tried out the swing. Looks like we're going to need to get another swing in the backyard!

And crawling - she'll be doing it pretty soon. Over the weekend I noticed her trying to push herself forward using her feet. She was also starting to get the idea of getting her knees underneath her. Now this I was NOT ready for :(. A preschooler and a crawler is a whole new ballgame.

No comments: