Thursday, April 16, 2009

What I love about Luke at 21 months


1 - I love your imagination, which is growing by leaps and bounds everyday. You love doing "everyday" things with your stuffed animals. They eat meals, take baths, get stories read, get kisses, and are tucked into bed by you.

2 - I love that you now can tell us your name. It sounds more like "Roo" than Luke, but it is SO cute!

3 - You crack me up when every time we go anywhere, you want to "drive." You will tell me this every time we are close to the car, in the car, or if I say that we're going bye-bye. "Roo DRIVE!"

4 - I love that you continue to be a wonderful sharer. You always let other kids pick their toys/instruments/etc. first, and then take what is left. And, if another kid wants what you have, you happily give it up and go to find something different.

5 - I love that you have started singing along with me. You're especially good at "You Are My Sunshine" and "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star."

5 - I love that anytime you catch a glimpse of a guitar (a real one, toy, picture of one, ANYTHING), you stop what you're doing and shout "IT-TAR!," followed by "Dayee!" (Daddy), because Daddy plays the guitar with you.

6 - Okay, so it isn't so great that we're still battling over staying in the big boy bed at night, and most nights lately you end up in the pack-n-play, but I do love that you know what you're supposed to be doing. You now play quietly (relatively) in your room and just hope that we don't come up to put you back in bed. Of course we are going to have challenges establishing expectations as you grow up, but this reminds me that you're still just a very little boy and that we need to embrace these hurdles because they will all be just a distant memory one day.

7 - I love that you loved Easter and egg hunting ... and all the candy that goes along with it!

8 - You still love to dance ... ALL. THE. TIME.

9 - I love the smell of you after bath and how snuggly you are in your PJs.

10 - I love that you smile for the camera now ... even though it is a bit dramatic and funny!

11 - I couldn't stop at 10 this month - I love that you absolutely LOVE to read books. At night you request one book after another (I realize that this may be a stalling technique, but it's okay because that extra time with you is priceless).

No comments: