This was my first "official" Mother's Day, and boy was it nice. It might quickly become my favorite day of the year! Michael was such a wonderful husband. My only request was to sleep in without worry about Luke. So, Michael was up with Luke and all of our animals, took care of breakfast for everyone, and then brought me breakfast in bed ... complete with a glass of champagne. Luke gave me tulips, and Michael gave me a pot of freesia, which smell incredible ... not to mention that our sweet Brooklyn was my early Mother's Day gift. We had such a nice day. We spent the afternoon celebrating my mom with a gourmet meal (thanks to Michael, of course). I can't wait until next year (and I need to start planning Father's Day because the standard was set pretty high!).
I can't believe that I'm posting this bed-head, no makeup picture of myself, but it must be here to display the breakfast in bed!

All of my sweet babies on Mother's Day:

Michael with Luke and Brooklyn (and yes, Luke is chewing on the dog bone):

Luke, Brooklyn (almost!), and I:

Yay for Mother's Day and all of the wonderful mothers in my life ... especially my own mom and grandma, who have shown me what it means to be a great mom, and Michael's mom who raised such a wonderful man. And, of course, to all of my girlfriends who are moms and who have offered me so much advice and encouragement throughout these first months of motherhood (Kate, Joanna, Jess, Cheryl, Rocio), and the soon-to-be mommies Gina, Steph, Jess F. - happy belated Mother's Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment